Fort Motte Town Site
There was a village here in 1850; however, surrounding the town is a series of large plantations dating to the colonial period. In 1875, Fort Motte was incorporated and by 1907 it was a flourishing town with a post office, stores, and two banks. Today only a remnant remains of a thriving economy. The town jail has a cornerstone listing the town officers of 1907.