Shady Grove Methodist Church
Land on which this church stands was granted to Conrad Holman in 1740 by King George II. The oldest section was built in the early 1800s with hand-hewn log framing pegged together with wooden pegs. The structure has been remodeled three times. It is presently a white frame building with bell tower and steeple. The historical marker here was unveiled June 7, 1970.