The Clark House - Railroad Ave., St. Matthews, SC
The Clark House was built in 1866. It is one of the oldest buildings in the county seat of St. Matthews and was constructed in the Greek Revival style. It has a colonial-type façade, which includes four pillars or columns. There is a spoked, half-wheel window in the front portico and a fan-shaped window over the front door with side lights. The building has not been significantly altered since its construction. The chimneys on the outside have never been blocked and remain as they were over a hundred years ago.